Monday, January 5, 2009

Poops Ahoy!

I had Thing One and Thing Two (trust me, after this story you will understand why Dean and Ava deserve these names) in the tub the other night and I shut the curtain so they could splash and not get water everywhere. I walked into the other room to get Thing Two's jammies, and was listening through the wall so, you know, I would know if they drowned or whatever. I hear Thing One start screaming, "Aweesha! Aweesha!" and I run in there, thinking Thing Two had smacked his massive melon head on something. I fling open the curtain and Thing One yells "Dean pooped in the bath!". I look, and sure enough, there are tons of little presents floating around in the water, Thing Two sitting there chewing on a rubber duck and grinning like nothing happened. Thing One tells me she'd been playing in there for awhile, thinking the poop was pieces of her bathtub crayons (wow this kid eats WAY too much broccoli if his poop looks like green crayon). So I got paid to clean up poop. And guess what? I'm graduating in 4 months so I can get paid to clean up more poop! Along with other gross things.

Today was my first day back, and we were supposed to have our nursing "forum", which is just an hour long thing in the auditorium with the entire nursing school listening to the administration blab about how wonderful our school is despite the fact that we'll be in debt the rest of our lives from the insane tuition. We did, and it was boring. Now I don't have to go back till Thursday, which is weird because we're supposed to have Mondays and Fridays off for homework, then clinicals Tuesdays and class all day Wednesdays and Thursdays. But hey, I'm not complaining. I was only at school an hour and I'm already tired.

Maliha's mom is being induced tomorrow morning at 5 am! So I get to get up at 3:30 in the morning, drop Maliha off at daycare, and head to the hospital. Baby Mariah should be here sometime tomorrow, and it'll be exciting to actually help deliver a baby of someone I know! I'm pretty excited. I'll update in a day or two with pictures and a (hopefully) awesome birth story.

No comments: